Appium 1.6.5 Released on Sauce Labs
We're happy to announce that Appium 1.6.5 has been released to the community and to Sauce Labs! This version is only available for Emu/Sim at the moment, not yet TestObject. Appium 1.6.5 fixes many issues and continues the trend to make more aspects of the automation process configurable.
Here is an overview of the changes.
--enable-heapdumpserver flag to turn on NodeJS memory dump collection, to aid in memory management.
- Better logging of erroneous responses.
- Full support of W3C specification's handling of capabilities.
- Fix licensing in all dependencies.
- Fix backgrounding of app.
androidInstallPathcapability to specify where on the device apps are installed.
- Speed up taking screenshots on Android 5.0 and higher devices.
- Fix handling of activity names that are inner classes.
- Support latest Android SDK directory structure.
- Fix issue where granting permissions would fail if there were too many.
- Fix handling of parent element information when finding elements.
Android - UIAutomator 2
- Fix handling of boolean return values.
skipUnlockcapability to skip the device unlock process.
- Fix issue where setting the network connection would crash.
- Allow setting url in native context, for opening deep links.
- Better memory management when capturing device logs.
webkitResponseTimeoutcapability to adjust the timeout for responses in Safari real device tests.
enablePerformanceLoggingcapability (previously Android-only) to turn on performance logging in Safari tests.
iOS - XCUITest
- Fully support
clearSystemFilesdesired capability, deleting the derived data for the
longPressduration, to be milliseconds.
mobile: selectPickerWheelValuemethod to aid in interacting with picker wheels.
mobile: alertmethod to enable passing of `buttonLabel` option, to handle alerts with non-standard button names.
- Fix hanging if an app is not installed and only bundle identifier is given in capabilities.
platformVersionto be a number or a string.
Thanks to our community of open source contributors who helped with this release by finding and fixing issues. As always, please send your feedback and let us know what you think!
- Accessibility Testing
- Appium Resources
- Best Practices
- Continuous Delivery
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Testing
- Cross Browser Testing
- Guest Blog Posts
- Load Testing
- Machine Learning
- Mobile Development & Testing
- News & Product Updates
- Open Sauce
- Open Source
- Performance Testing
- Product Updates
- Quality Assurance
- Quality Engineering
- Sauce Product Info
- Security Testing
- Selenium Resources
- Software Development & Testing
- The Story of Sauce