SEVERITY 1 - OUTAGE
- No automated tests can be run
- The wait time for a Virtual Machine (VM) is greater than 30 seconds
- The Sauce Labs web site is unavailable
- The Sauce Labs REST API is unavailable
- Manual testing is unavailable
- All uploads to Sauce Storage are failing (for all customers)
- The same tests were working previously in production
- Customer has made no changes to their tests
- Customer has verified that the web site under test is up
- Customer has verified that their Sauce Connect tunnel is up and has tried restarting Sauce Connect.
- Customer has an imminent deploy to their Production web site or an imminent mobile app release that is blocked because of this.
- A Sauce Labs problem that is completely blocking a customer from releasing a new version of their web site or mobile application. All of the following must be true:
A problem getting something to work for the first time cannot be Severity 1.
SEVERITY 2 - URGENT/HIGH
- Urgent issue that does not qualify as Severity 1
- Automated testing (for existing test suite) severely impacted
- Significantly degraded performance for web site, manual testing
- If you have a problem that is preventing you from meeting a deadline to get Sauce Labs up and running for the first time, you may classify it as a Severity 2, and we’ll do our best to resolve it quickly. However, Sauce Labs has some discretion to re-classify as Severity 3.
SEVERITY 3 - MEDIUM
- Problems with initial setup of CI / test runner / tests (trying to get things to work for the first time)
- Questions about Sauce Labs functionality
- User account and billing requests
- Most other problems:
- Intermittent test failures
- Tests are running more slowly than they used to
- Higher failure rate on a particular platform
- Customer's mobile app crashes during tests
- Anything else that does not qualify as Severity 1, 2, or 4
SEVERITY 4 - LOW
- Documentation issues
- Minor bugs, including cosmetic bugs
- Requests for assistance with Selenium, third party tools / frameworks (Sauce Labs does not officially provide support for this, but we will try to point you in the right direction)